This is quick and easy to cook up on the Ozpig plate as a side dish to curries and stews when you are sick of rice.
Traditionally you would use durum wheat flour but we just prefer white flour.
- Roti Bread Ingredients 500g Plain Flour or wholewheat which ever you prefer
- 1/2tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Mix together flour, salt, water and oil.
- Work into a dough then knead it for 10 minutes. Wrap in cling wrap and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Break dough into about a dozen balls and roll each into a circle with a rolling pin to about 15 to 20 cm.
- Cook on the hot oiled Ozpig plate 1 min on each side. If you've done it right it should swell up with air pockets and then drop back down again.
*If you find the plate is too hot just swing it round off the fire and continue cooking.