Made this one on Aussie day weekend.
~ 1 hour
- 50g Butter
- 200ml Buttermilk
- 2 cups S/R flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- pinch salt
- Your favourite pizza toppings. (This one has Salami, Olives, Sun dried tomatoes, Pineapple, Chives, Parsley,Cheese).
- Pre heat Camp oven on Ozpig using fire or heat beads.
- Add flour, salt, sugar and butter to a bowl and rub butter through flour with fingers.
- Mixed through diced pizza ingredients and grated cheese (don't be scared to pile the toppings in, it may look like too much but when the damper cooks and rises it will be perfect).
- Add buttermilk and mix with fork until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly. Place in heated camp oven on a foil or baking paper lined trivet and cut into 8 wedges halfway through damper.
- Add extra cheese on top. using plenty of coals or heat beads on camp oven lid Cook for 30 -40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Note: Regular milk may be used rather than buttermilk. Buttermilk will give a lighter less dense texture. If using regular milk do not add the sugar.