Recipes from the Gympie Muster
- 14 lamb shanks
- Bottle of red wine
- 2 jars tomato paste
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 diced potatoes
- Place shanks in camp oven and cover with wine and tomato paste
- Top with water to cover the shanks
- Add chopped onions and potatoes and simmer for approx. 1 ½ hours
Red wine sauce
- ½ bottle red wine in a sauce pan
- with a generious amount of butter and bring to boil
Reduce – pour over lamb shanks when served.
This will feed 5 adults and 4 children served with rice
Ready in 30 minutes!