Delicious served with mushy peas and chips.
- Olive Oil
- 1kg Diced Lamb
- 2 diced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced carrot
- handful diced Mushroom
- Fresh or dried rosemary
- 440ml can Guinness
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- Few sheets puff pastry
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- milk and egg wash
- Toss Lamb in flour and add salt and pepper.
- Brown lamb in olive oil for a couple minutes, then add diced onion and garlic and continue to cook until onion is clear.
- Add Carrots, mushrooms, rosemary and cook for a further couple minutes.
- Add in Guinness, beef stock and ketchup. Simmer camp oven over a low fire on the Ozpig for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until lamb is extremely tender (check consistency if mix is too runny leave lid off and allow liquid to reduce to a pie consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Let mixture cool a little bit.
- Now you can add to a large pie dish and place dish into camp oven, individual dishes placed into the camp oven or make the pie right in camp oven. Cut puff pastry to size and place over top of mixture in whatever dish you choose. Brush with egg and milk wash and place lid on camp oven.
- Add coals or heat beads to lid and place over a low fire on ozpig for 30-40 minutes or until pastry is crispy and golden brown.
- Delicious served with mushy peas and chips.