- 1 Kg of peeled raw prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder more or less depending on how much heat you like
- 1 large diced onion
- 1can diced tomatoes
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas or beans
- 1cup of chicken stock
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a deep sided frypan and add curry powder and stir for a minute.
- Add onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, coconut cream, chicken stock, tumeric, sugar and lemon juice.
- Let simmer very gently for as long as possible stirring regularly.
I often leave mine simmer slowly for an hour or more to render and develop a deep rich taste. The longer the better.
This is the perfect recipe to break out the heat diffuser for a slow long simmer.
- When you are happy with the richness, season with salt and pepper and add the peas/beans and prawns.
- Allow the prawns to cook just long enough to cook through.
- Stir through a handful of chopped parsley and serve with rice or naan.
Also great with some bite sized boneless fish pieces added.