Our kids love this meal.
- Approx 1 - 1.5kg Whole Topside or Brisket roast beef (sliced or diced rump or other cuts of beef can be substituted).
- 2 packets of dry french onion soup
- 2 cans of condensed Cream of mushroom soup
- 2 diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of roast meat gravy mix (we use Greens brand, seems to give the best result).
- Heat camp oven on the top of the Ozpig and sear all sides of the beef until brown When meat is browned add diced onion, french onion and mushroom soups.
- Add half soup can of water. Mix well.
- Place lid on camp oven and let simmer away on the Ozpig over a low fire or place camp oven on warming plate to maintain a gentle simmer for around 2 hours or until meat is very tender and starting to fall apart whilst stirring occasionally.
- 15 minutes before roast has finished cooking add 2 tablespoons of gravy mix to thicken.
- To serve, slice beef as with a normal roast beef and spoon sauce on as gravy.
- Serve on a bed of rice or with roast vegies.