- Beef roast (marinated works great but just a plain beef roast is fine).
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- You can use a plain cut of beef or you can buy a pre-marinated piece, alternatively you can marinate your own overnight in your favourite marinade.
- Mix together all dry rub ingredients and thoroughly coat beef roast with the mix.
- Thread the beef roast onto the Ozpig rotisserie spit taking care to keep it evenly balanced.
- Place rotisserie on the Ozpig and turn motor on. Let cook until meat is done to your liking topping up heat beads, charcoal or fire as needed.
- For beginner spit roasters I would recommend heatbeads or charcoal in the heatbead basket. Charcoal gives the best results of the 2 as it burns cleaner and gives off the lovely smokey taste of a regular timber fire. I cooked a 1.8kg roast using 1kg of charcoal taking just under 2 hours at Medium-well done. When cooked rest meat well for best most tender results.