- 4 cups S R Flour
- 1 cup of Milk (long life milk is ideal)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup of water
- 1½ tsp. of butter
- Sift together all dry ingredients and rub in butter.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in milk and water.
- Mix with a knife until your dough holds together. (Dough should be sticky to touch - not dry).
- Sprinkle with a little flour and turn out on to a lightly floured surface.
- Place into a pre-heated (hot) camp oven on a foil lined trivet or round cake tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Tip: (If the fire is too hot, remove the camp oven to the side warming plate and top it with hot coals or heat beads).
Your damper is cooked if it sounds hollow when tapped!