A delicious way to use up apples that are getting a little soft.
- 170g butter2/3 cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup SR flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 to 3 apples - cored with skin removed and sliced
Before you start:
- Place a trivet in to your camp oven and heat the oven over the Ozpig for 8-to minutes.
- Make sure you use the diffuser underneath to create a lower heat for a slow oven.
- Have 6 to 8 heat beads ready for later.
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add whisked eggs and beat with a hand beater for a short while (do not over beat).
- Add vanilla essence and a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Add combined flour and mix into the mixture in 3 to 4 batches
- When combined, pour the batter into lined cake tin and start to add the sliced apple around the outside - working your way to the centre.
Do not add apple to the immediate centre of the batter.
- Add as many slices into the batter as you like; the more apple, the tastier the cake!
- Place the cake tin in the camp oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes, then move the camp oven on to the side plate and place 8 heat beads to the top of the lid.
- Cook on low for a minimum of 1 hour.